Friday, February 15, 2008

Back to Earth!

Well, I guess God thought I sounded a little too cocky in yesterday's post. I had barely finished hitting the send button when lo and behold I found out that I had not been accepted into the Doubledecker Arts Festival this year. I got accepted last year, but this year, no. Mike swears that it is because I sent my entry in on the day of the deadline and it didn't get there in time. But whatever the reason, the results are the same.

All I can say is that I know God knows what He is doing, because the last time I didn't get into an art show, when the weekend of the show rolled around I was so busy with the house and ten thousand other things that I remember thinking "Thank goodness I didn't get in". So maybe I will be getting ready for my first one-man show around then, or painting a commission for a celebrity..... who knows?

For now I am off for a weekend at the beach. I'll be back at the easel next week, all week I hope!

No comments: