Tuesday, April 1, 2008

24 x 36 Original Oil Painting Old Red Truck...

36x24 Original Oil Painting..."Old Red".....Oil on Canvas....$900


This is the large painting I started day before yesterday. I finished it yesterday and I really like it. It sort of snuck up on me. I kept painting all these pieces and parts and hunks of color and when I walked back in my studio after lunch yesterday I said, "Wow, when did this become a painting?!" I took the photo last Friday when I made the run to the coast.





I looked up the criteria for joining the Daily Painters group that some artists I know belong to and one of the rules is that you have to have been posting daily paintings for at least four months before you apply. So I guess April is as good a starting point as any. I don't think people realize what a huge committment it is to try to do anything virtually every day consistantly.





Anyway here is my second daily painting based on a photo I took in Sana Fe. It is one of those cute little Shasta campers that were popular long ago. Very cozy.

"Cozy Camper".......6x8......Oil on board.......$100

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

These things are so poetic now. Nostalgic.
How did you like Carol's workshop? I'm planning to attend her September in Santa Fe workshop.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh yeah, doing a painting a day is not easy. I spend quite a bit of time on them, tiny though they are, and really, I'm in awe of Carol and Karen and Duane (who first got me started here) and the rest who just bang them out. I struggle with it.