Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friday Paintings...

I did two paintings Friday after running errands all day! I was so proud of myself for not just wasting the day since I did not get to paint at the start of the day like I normally do. I love this one of the tomatoes! The blue reflection is more understated in the actual painting, but I can't get it to show up like that on the photo. This is 11x14.
This one I had trouble with the yellow underpainting making my purple so dull. I will probably go back to my old system of dry underpaintings. Who knows. this is an 8x10.

4 comments:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Lorrie, I love the tomatoes. The colors really zing. The banana looks rather lonely. Oaula

Terry said...

Lorrie, I am so impressed with your work, both the quantity and the quality! I love you sharing your problem solving process. Keep going!
Terry

dorgrob said...

lorrie, so proud of you! your paintings are really sellable. you will do well at the fair. all the best to you. i'm heading to my studio now to paint ....you put me to shame!!!!!!!! thanks for getting me going. keep posted how the fair went. dorothy

Carol Marine said...

I LOVE these tomatoes, Lorrie!!! You really HAVE been painting your "patootie" off. I'm really impressed. And all the time you've put into it really shows in your work. You are growing by leaps and bounds. Wow. You go girl!!!