Monday, October 8, 2007


(Sorry if you are getting this post for the second time today. I am republishing it in an attempt to enable my "comments" section again)
Okay, this is my first attempt at painting every day. That sounds weird, but to the Daily Painters it will make sense. The premise of the daily painters is to paint one small painting every day. You stay in practive that way and don't get rusty. Plus you just get better by leaps and bounds. Or so the story goes. I have seen it happen for others. I don't pretend to think that I can paint every day. Or even every weekday. But today is a day that I have a million things to do. Phone calls, a meeting with my kitchen guy, more packing for the remodel. I would have normally blown off today and not painted. But I will not get better that way.
So I painted this apple. Not small by daily painter guidelines...it's 11x14. But small by my guidelines. I did not have time to play around with the image a lot, so the colors are not as great as they are in the painting.
But, the important thing is that I painted today.

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Just dropped by to see your work, via the comment you left at Carol Marine's blog. Nice painting! Keep up the good work. Blessings.