Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trees and shadows, & wine bottles...

I have been working a lot this week. I just haven't stopped to post anything. So I have two offerings for today.



The first, is a painting that I have named "Early Morning Yesterday". It is 24x36 and I just love the way it turned out. It is based on a photo that I took one morning in Santa Fe. My friend Bernie and I had parked in a lot a couple of blocks away from Andreeva where our workshop was taking place. We cut through the grounds of an unknown building and the shadows cast by these trees caught my eye. This is SO much prettier in person, hence the need for galleries.

Next is a painting I did in preparation for the Wine and Culinary Festival. I will be attending the first event which will take place in Biloxi and as their "featured artist" I will have a tent with my paintings available for sale to a good home. They have updated their web site and have me on there now, though not a picture of the painting yet. Go to coastalwinetour.com, click on "about the event" or something of that nature, then go to "featured artist".

This one is 24x30 and is as yet untitled. Any ideas?

2 comments:

FCP said...

Lorrie, I love the light in "Early Morning Yesterday" wow-it is gorgeous! Makes me wish I were there!
Keep up the great work!

Vicki Shuck said...

hi Lorrie,

Your light, shadow and sense of distance is really nice in "Early Morning Yesterday". The atmosphere in it is tangible. Beautiful!