Friday, February 8, 2008

Wine and Culinary festival art...

What a week! I feel like I have been run over by a truck! But all is well! If we can just make it through today with flying colors we will be home free. Someone close to me is having out-patient surgery today so everyone say a prayer.

Yesterday afternoon I rushed home after the completion of the Junior Auxilliary project that I had chaired and put the final tweaks on the artwork for the Southern Breeze Wine and Culinary Festival painting that I mentioned in an earlier post. So this is the final project unless I get home from the doctor today and find that they want to change something. I hope they don't, because this puppy needs to dry! They need it ASAP so they can shoot it to start using it. Also this afternoon when I get home I will have to dig up my bio sheet. They asked for it so that they can include it on their web page. In previous posts I had mentioned their page and they have updated it and are still working on it so check it out.

I am really happy with the painting. It is based on a photo and painting I did of a plate of food being readied for the grill at my dad's house in Colorado. We added the shrimp and all the background stuff. The tents are the specific shape of tent they use at the SB W&CF and the glass is the specific one they use, with a hint of their logo showing. The first time I sent the painting image to them to see how they liked it, they noticed there were only men in the background. So Voila! the guy by the tent pole there had an overnight gender change and now we are in mixed company. I'm glad they caught that!

Last night I attended three gallery openings with some friends and our daughters and we had a blast! I can't wait to get back in there and paint! There is a streetcar calling my name!

But for now, off to the hospital...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that wine bottle mean you drink and paint?

Lorrie Drennan said...

I haven't done that yet, but the days not over.