Friday, April 25, 2008

Currents...Abstract Painting... Blues, Greens

Currents.........30x40.......Oil on Canvas.........$600

Okay, I went into my studio and just went with the flow (pardon the pun). I had these wonderful colors on my pallete and I just started playing with them and this emerged. I put this aside to figure out what I needed to do next. Once I walked into the room several times and saw it and loved it, plus got input from friends and family, I decided to leave it as is.
I think good pieces of art have several things in common and one of them is that they evoke an emotional response from the viewer. This one evokes such a feeling of calmness that I think it has merit based on that alone. Who can't use a little injection of calmness in their day?

1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

It looks like lily pads in a pond to me. That's part of the fun... nice. Barb