Friday, April 4, 2008

Tomatoes by the Window Daily Oil Painting

"Tomatoes by the Window"......6x6...Oil on board......$100(sold)


Today my post is of a RED object in honor of the movement to wear red on Fridays to support our troups. I had hoped to have a painting of one of my favorite musicians in a red shirt, but it did not happen. However, I am painting today in a red shirt.


The email I got informing of this idea was way more eloquent than my meager ramblings here, but suffice it to say it really struck me. We do not have to support the war, or the president in order to support the men and women who are managing their families by email and putting their lives on hold for our country.


So by golly let's make this country a "sea of RED" much like the home side at a football game as the email said. I can only imagine what it would be like as the family member of a soldier to walk into a mall or office and see predominantly red attire every Friday and to watch it spread as this idea catches on.


To those of you who are wearing red to promote awareness of women's heart health, carry on. The more the merrier. Both are good reasons.


My painting is one of two I worked on yesterday, the other is larger and not ready for prime time, yet.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Nice sentiment on the soldiers. My father and brother were in the Army and both went to war :( and came back, thank God. I feel for these families and soldiers.
The apples came out well.