Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blue Crab Oil Painting

Blue Crab......30x24........oil on canvas..................$600
Another painting for the coast show in August. I LOVE crab paintings and I can't believe this is the first one I have ever painted! I really like this fellow.
If you follow my blog you know that I had a low spot a couple of weeks back and I am just getting rolling again. Painting is so tied to your emotions and it's not just something I can go do just because it needs to be done. At least I can't. But I have been enjoying it again and feel like getting in there and doing it. So that is a good thing.
Another good thing is that I have sold 10 (read that t-e-n) paintings from the Fitness Center that is displaying my work through the end of July. I am blown away! I thought it would be good exposure, but sales(?). I was not expecting much and certainly not 10! If anything can make you feel like an artist again it is selling a few paintings. With my gallery sales, that makes almost 20 in a little over 2 months! I am so thankful you just don't know.
And did I tell you I'm going to be a grammaw? : )

3 comments:

Jeff Mahorney said...

Well done Lorrie! The crab is beautiful. Great loose brushwork. Congrats on the sales! :)

FCP said...

A grammaw? You are a way cute grammaw, Miss Lorrie. Congrats on that and the sale--so glad you are posting again, I missed you!
Faye

Greg G. said...

Lorrie, well done. I was watching Food Network tonight and Throwdown with Bobby Flay was a crabcake competition. That reminded me of a painting of a crab I once had as my computer wallpaper, I believe it was a Van Gogh, but not sure. I was searching for it via google and came across your painting. I love it! Keep up the good work. Maye someday if I can afford one I'll track you down and see if you'd be interested in painting one for me . . .give me 4 years :) - greg, Phoenix,AZ