Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Different Strokes From Different Folks Entry...

Beach Cottage.....11x14.......Oil on Canvas........$160
This is my entry for this week's Different Strokes From Different Folks entry...just squeaking in under the wire. We were gone last Wed. when it was posted and I almost missed it. This is just about as interesting as anything I have found in the art blog arena. Kudos to Karin Jurick for coming up with it.
I tried a new approach to this one. I got a book last week and it really hit home with me. I want to be loose and spontaneous and have the painting look "alive". There were things in the book (by artist Ted Goerschner) that really made sense to me. Many were things I already knew, but he put them in a way that it seemed like I understood better how I could implement them. Until I picked up a brush, that is.
As with any new thing you have to progress in baby steps. This is my first baby step and I can see what I was trying to do, even if I didn't actually pull it off yet. And then, on top of that, the photo is not too good. I am struggling with my camera here lately!

No comments: