Monday, September 14, 2009

Tomatoes on the Vine OIl Paintings....

12x24.....Oil on 1.5 gallery wrap......"Vine Ripe".......$300(sold)




See the post from Mon., Sept. 7, for my thoughts on tomatoes. They really are one of my favorite subjects. And they always seem to look extra yummy on turquoise backgrounds.
I found out that I have been accepted into two more fall art shows....that makes four in total. I am so excited, but that means I need to really get busy!
If you need me, I'll be in my studio!







1 comment:

Mary A. Bowles said...

Lori,

I am in awe of your talent. Your use of color and the contrast of light and dark are so wonderful! I am thinking of something I want painted. I can not decide on my subject but have you considered the swing set from The Little Children's Park in O.S.? Jenny lyon's Spring has one of the originals she bought when the OS Rec Dept. auctioned them off. They were metal pony's and I am not sure but I think Walter Anderson had something to do with the design. If not, it sure looks like it!It may be something memorable for the people who went to Saint Alphonsis.
I hope Pat Odom has seen your work. I know you probably have kept in touch much better than I have. I feel really proud of you!

I would love to to talk when you have time. mabowles2001@yahoo.com
Mary Abraham Bowles