Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rainy Day Street Car on Canal...

Rainy Day Street Car in New Orleans....24x36.....oil on gw canvas....$860(sold)


When I paint I always show what I have worked on to my husband and my daughter when they get home. They are like my first responder critics, if something isn't working, they always tell me. When Dacia, my daughter, saw this one she said that she really liked it and that it was different from the other streetcars that I had painted. She said, " It looks like a rainy day, and you know how I love rainy days!" What a wonderful child! Because of course, it was a rainy day and I wanted that to come across and she got it immediately. This one goes in the "W" column.
We just returned last night from the whirlwind, marathon art show tour. I was gone for almost two weeks. I met a lot of nice people and got to see art friends from all over. I even met people that follow my blog. It was hard, hard work, but also great fun. I froze on Sunday in the rain in Shreveport and less than a week later I almost passed out from 105 degree heat index in Gulf Shores.
I also won my first Patron Award while in Gulf Shores so I'd like to send a big thank-you to the owners of Cosmo's Restaurant in Orange Beach. They are nice people and they have a place in my personal art history book. They run a wonderful restaurant that I frequent whenever I am in that area. I had never met them till they came to buy art. They are opening another restaurant named Cobalt so I'm sure it will be nothing short of wonderful and successful like Cosmo's. And did I mention that they have great taste in art?
I have two more shows this fall coming up in November. For now, it's time to do a little wedding planning for my daughter, Dacia. We're off with our entourage to check out bridal gowns this weekend. And it's gonna be fun!

No comments: