Monday, November 2, 2009

Tipsy Wine and Wine Straight Up..Oil Paintings...




Painting 1 Painting 2


#1........Tipsy Wine................8x16............$130

#2.....Wine Straight Up........8x16............$130


These are two more wine bottle paintings that I have done to get ready for my two upcoming shows. They are fun and evoke thoughts of having a good time, I think.


Speaking of having a good time.....I have some more paintings waiting in the the wings to unveil. I just love them, the style, the subject, the mood of them. I am finally getting a more consistent "look" for my work. I have all my new stuff hanging in the foyer to dry and when I look around I see that I am heading in the direction that I want to be. I knew that my little "painter's block" that I experienced last week was probably a harbinger of change and I was right. I am so much closer to where I want to be.


This is not to say that everyone is going to like my paintings better, or that they will sell better (but I hope both of these things do happen). I used to paint a painting every now and then and be able to say..."this is how I want to paint!" But then I would fall back into the inconsistent mode and paint something totally different in style and mood. Now I am finding that I am turning out one of those "this is how I want it to be" paintings much more often now.


I don't ever want to be one of those painters that finds a "niche" and then paints nothing but trees or nothing but houses. I want my unifying factor to be my signature style and my consistent choice of colors. I think in this past week I have taken a step closer to achieving that goal.

1 comment:

Pattie Wall said...

My mind is thinking so much like yours right now. (I probably said this before but...)going through a period of rethinking (myself) and setting some "way different" goals...time for mega-growth and change...we especially think alike on the "Clos du bois"! LOL! These are so cute and fun!