Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fine Line......Oil Painting

Fine Line.....24x24.....oil.......$600
This is one of the paintings I did for my show. I do love to paint wine bottles. The subtle variations of the green from one bottle to the other, the reflections. I get so caught up in paintings the little "pieces" of color that, sometimes, I have to walk away and let my brain "reset" before I can come back and see it as a cohesive painting.
Sometimes I really stuggle and think that things are not going well because a bottle doesn't look round or see-through or something...and then the next morning when I come in and look...BAM! It was there all along and I just was too focussed on the trees to see the forest as a whole.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Great color and design Lorrie!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Yes, you have to walk away. It's great!