Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yellowfin Tuna from Venice Louisiana...Oil Painting

 



This is a photo taken by some dear friends of mine that went fishing in Venice, La.  They were gracious enough to let me do a panting of the day's catch.

This is the painting that resulted from it.  I wish everyone could see the real thing (painting).  Up close you can see the little brushmarks and when you get far away your eye blends it into a composite smooth version.  My favorite part is the guy in the corner.  I don't think these are his fish!  Is he going to go home and tell a "fish tale"?  I wonder...

1 comment:

Pattie Wall said...

Hey Lorrie - what a catch - I love the blue you brought out in the scene in this painting. I remember having a "fishing photo" taken of myself, I held up everyone's catch - ha! It happens.