Saturday, September 21, 2013

Abstract Intersection.....oil painting.....#21 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

 
8x8.....oil on canvas.....$75
 
Well this is a departure isn't it?  I have, for a long time, had an interest in creating abstract paintings.  I have heard more than one person say in passing "Anyone could do that!".  But I am here to say it is much hard than you think. 
 
When you do a representational painting that actually looks like something then it is easy to create an emotional response from the person....they have something they are familiar with to relate to.  But when you do an abstract.....you don't have the object or person and all the memories or emotions or impressions or feelings that might go along with something you have seen before.
 
All you have are form and color.  You still have to create a composition, and harmony and try to create interest without the help of the familiar. 
 
You'll hear more about my abstract diversions tomorrow.  For now this is an "intersection"....my thoughts are intersecting and you have a front row seat. 

1 comment:

Jess Harel said...

I love it, and I love the colors in this! Great work!!