Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tomato Portrait and Workshop Announcement....Oil painting 3 of 30 in 30 Days

 
8x8...............oil on canvas.............$75
 
Painting number three in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days online challenge.  I am featuring this juicy tomato today because I have a juicy announcement to go with it. 
 
It's official....I will be conducting a 2-day workshop on February 14 & 15, 2014.  It will be hosted by the nice people of the Delta Art Association and will be held in Greenville, MS. The workshop will be $200.  If anyone would like to participate you can contact me and I will put you on the list for more info as the final details are arranged. 
 
The title of the workshop will be Big, Bold, Funky, Chunky (and no that is not a description of the artist!).  We will focus on tips and tricks to loosen up, gain confidence and produce bolder, braver art.  We will work with palette knives and use other activities to get loose.  I will share my list of "Things I wish I had Known from the Beginning" as well as "Things I knew and Use All the Time".
It is a fun workshop with a relaxed, encouraging vibe that is perfect for beginners as well as experienced painters wanting to "loosen up".
 
Come join us in the Delta and see what it is all about.  Spaces are limited so once you decide to come, don't put off letting us know.  

No comments: