Monday, January 14, 2008

Time to catch up...

Hi to all whom I have neglected since my remodeling/holiday/birthday extravaganza began! It is wonderful to feel slightly back in control of my life again. I sent out a very large email detailing the events of the past 3 or 4 months to friends and family that I thought might be in some small way interested. If you did not get one and want one, let me know. Not a problem. (although one got sent back as suspected spam)
I guess I will begin with a photo of my booth at the art show in Fairhope back last October. That is when the whole remodel thing really swung into action...
I did well at the show, though they are a lot of work and totally wear you out!

Now here are some shots of my old kitchen...
They were beginning to remove the old kitchen when we left for the art show and when we returned we had bare walls and they were beginning to place the new cabinets in there...
They did a fantastic job and we love it all. The backsplash was done entirely by me and I will have to say running a wet saw was one of the scariest things I have done in a while. Between the designing, sawing, attaching, grouting and cleaning...this backsplach just about killed me! But it turned out well and surprised some folks, my husband included.

Now for some photos of our beautiful floors and those newly painted rooms that took forever to complete. (Sorry you are having to do the tilt-y head thing to see these. I forgot to fix them before I imported them!)------


This is our "watermelon" colored dining room and bamboo floors...Our purple foyer gallery(it looks blue due to sunlight, but it is really the color of the hallway below) This is our foyer by the front door. It is my ever-changing gallery where I hang my paintings to dry when I finish them or keep them while they are waiting to go to a "real" gallery...Our purple family photo gallery in the hallway by the kids bedrooms (this is the real color of the foyer, too...This is our living room where we spend most of our time. This is the regular set-up on the shelves for most of the year...

This is when I have them decorated for the holidays with my 230 santas...
I plan to resume painting tomorrow and will do my best to keep my blog updated. As I am finding with the blogs of friends of mine, it is a great way to keep updated on what is going on with someone. All I can say is that it is great to be back and thanks to those who checked on me in my online absence.

1 comment:

FCP said...

congrats on finishing--what an ordeal! but now you can enjoy your beautiful handiwork. Everything looks great--love your backsplash.
Faye