Monday, March 31, 2008

6x6 Daily Oil Painting of a Red Pepper

(sold)




Well, Thursday was a strange day leading to a strange Friday. I showed up at the Gallery to paint and unloaded everything I own. I brought easels, stuff for still lifes, photos, brushes, my small paintings to show, everything except my paints! (Had to run back home to get those and burned over an hour on that.)







Then mid afternoon I got a call from the Gallery that has my stuff in Biloxi. Apparently I had been signed up to exhibit some of my New Orleans art at the opening of "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the Biloxi Little Theatre. Just a little misunderstanding, but I did't know I had been obligated for that. Oooops.







So I was a bit distracted to say the least. I was able to eke out the pepper painting and the start of the painting of "Ditch Paula".







I loaded up everything and headed home for a whirlwind preparation period for the "Streetcar Program". If you follow this blog you know I have painted several streetcars lately. Did I have one in my possession? No I did not.







I did, however, have an image of one of them and was able to head down to Biloxi on Friday morning with three 30x40 paintings of various New Orleans subject matter, 9 packs of 5 streetcar notecards ea. complete with envelopes packaged for sale, as well as 10 8x10 streetcar prints suitable for framing. Friday ended up being a very pleasant day even if I did have to drive 6+ hours. My mom drove over and met me part-way and we had a good visit on the trip down and back.






This week I plan to PAINT!