Tuesday, April 1, 2008

12x12 Daily Oil Painting of Bright Tomato

12 x12 oil on canvas "Bad Hair Day" $150





Yesterday was quite productive! I have been really organized lately, but more on that later. I was able to do this great tomato that I bought at the store on Sunday. I bought it because of its wonderful greenery and hence the title for this one.
I also worked on a large (24x36) painting of a cool red truck. It is coming out well, just a little more structured that I really want it to be. Hope to fix that today.
Ok, now I have to share with everyone a really cool blog I have found. The artist is Maggie Stiefvater and she is an author as well as an artist. She has a book that is available for pre-sale on Amazon.com and if her book writing is anything like her blog posts, I feel I must read it. I have copied her articles on time management and setting priorities and have taken them to heart. This art thing isn't going to just happen on its own you know.

2 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Lorrie, I just wanted to say you seem like the most upbeat positive person and your work is wonderful. Stop by and visit me and see what you think. Take care, Barb

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

LOL. No the art thing isn;t just going to happen on it's own is it. Maggie is the ultimate author/painter/teacher and has so much to share. She has it together.