Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Daily Painter Oil of Vase with Daisies

(sold)

This is a big moment here, now folks. I ran errands all day yesterday and did some more dreaded tax related stuff. I did not get home till 4 PM and had a meeting to be at by 6:30. but guess what? I (or actually my daughter made me) went into my studio and actually did 90% of this daily painting of this cute green vase with daisies in it. I tweaked it this morning and did the photo. Now that I see it on the monitor I see a couple of more tweaks I want to do. I wonder if it has captured the irredescence that I wanted to portray. But all in all I am pretty happy that the day didn't just slide away before I got to paint. Thanks, Dacia.

3 comments:

Marie Fox said...

Really like your unusual perspective - everything at an angle. Exciting brush strokes and amazing reflections on the vase.

Susan Carlin said...

Congratulations on finding/making time to paint. It really paid off.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lorrie, that speaks of good discipline to me. I know, I'd look at the clock and say, 'not enough time.'
Good work and yes I can see the irridescence quite well.