Friday, March 21, 2008

Tropical Bird Daily Oil Painting


This is a little bird that I have painted before on a much larger format. This little guy is 6x12" and the smaller you get the harder it is for me. Karin Jurick can paint a mother and her ten kids on a 6x6 and tell their life story, but it's not as easy as she makes it look. I did this one on a canvas that I had primed black and I really do love the mood that the black background creates.
To all my art friends, Jerry's is having a big 5-day internet sale. I have in my shopping cart several things that I found out I must have after painting with Carol and Karin. Plus a new easel :)! Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Wow! Lorrie - cool bird. Don't ya just love painting on black? I like your edges! Very nice!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lorrie, that is so funny. Obviously you attended the workshop with both Carol and Karin, How was THAT experience?
This is a nice painting. I know someone who owns a blue macaw. Huge birds!