Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm "published!

I enjoy, very much, a web site for artists and art-lovers, called The Empty Easel. It is a very comprehensive site that offers art how-to's, tips for selling art online, opinions on everything art-related as well as introductions of various artists in various disciplines around the country (and world sometimes). A week or so ago they invited artists to answer the question "What is Art?"


Well, those of you who know me know that I can expound for 30 minutes on a subject that I know absolutely nothing about, so you can imagine how I could get rolling when the subject is ART. So I dashed off a response giving my thoughts on the matter.


Imagine my surprise when in my inbox today I found the weekly newsletter that I get from EE and there, where they display what had been featured during the week, was the article by ME! They published the article in it's entirety complete with photos of two of my recent paintings and a link to my blog! You can read the article here .


Woo! Woo! And since I don't like a book with no pictures (or a blog, either) here is a shot of one of my favorite paintings that I have done in the past. It features art on the fence in New Orleans being viewed by passers-by...interpreting the work of others in their own way.

Fence Gallery...30x40..oil on canvas...Sold

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Lorrie - your piece is great! Nice word choice, succinctly and perfectly written - I agree with everything you said! Congrats!

FCP said...

Congrats! and well said, Lorrie! I love the shellfish series--very nice color combination and energy!
Faye