Monday, May 28, 2012

Asparagus Bunch...Oil painting

8x24....oil on canvas

This is a first time painting of asparagus.  I love it and plan to paint more.  My favorite part is the purple rubber band.  Not sure why, but it is.

On another note...As we pause to thank our veterans I have cause to think of another group of people that deserve our thanks...our often overlooked teachers!  I had the distinct pleasure of talking to my junior high school (to you young people, that's what we used to call middle school) art teacher a few minutes ago.

I think of her often and in teaching my recent workshop I realized that some of the art principles that I was teaching to others were little gems that I had picked up way back when in her class in the 70's.  I decided to look her up and tell her thank you for the impact that she had had on my life.  I'm glad I did.

So to all the teachers out there....whether your students are able to find you to thank you or not....remember that most likely there are scads of former students out there that think of you often.

So once again, Thank you Ms. Swager!

No comments: